Flu season is upon us. We’re already dealing with COVID-19, which makes prioritizing your health even more important. Here are the top ways you can protect you and your family from everyday germs.
- Stay Home - If you can, work from home and keep activities in open air, non-busy places.
- Social Distance - If you need to interact with someone not in your home, give them 6-feet of space.
- Take that Sick Day - You have personal days for a reason. Use them. Businesses are being especially flexible with staff during this time. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or the flu, we recommend staying home. Find your favorite movie, a delicious soup, and relax. Heading in when you are sick can extend your illness and may spread the sickness to others.
- Wash Your Hands - You touch a million little things every day, and so does everyone else. By using soap and hand sanitizer you are eliminating potentially bothersome germs.
- Wear a Mask- A good way to prevent spreading germs is by covering your mouth and nose when you’re out in public. While it is required in most establishments in Minnesota, we recommend wearing one with anyone outside your home.
- Avoid Nose, Mouth, or Eyes - Try to keep from touching these areas. They’re the fastest routes for germs.
- Practice Healthy Habits - Disinfect spaces in your home, get enough sleep, stay active, eat healthy foods, and stay hydrated.
- Get a Flu Shot - This is the number one way to help prevent the flu. Call Fairview Mesaba Clinics at 218-362-6937 to schedule.
At Fairview Mesaba Clinics, we are taking steps to protect our patients and employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. That’s why we have made our flu shots, along with other injections and immunizations, as well as blood pressure checks, available through an easy curbside location on our Hibbing medical campus.