We’re overwhelmed by offers of support from our community to help in any way they can as our doctors, nurses, and clinical teams work around the clock. Thank you for your generosity. Here’s information on how you can help:
- Where to donate
- How to deliver your donations
- Items we’re accepting
- Donations to community partners
- How to make a homemade mask
- How else you can help (money, blood drive, food)
Fairview Range is accepting donations at the following location:
Fairview Range Medical Center
750 E. 34th Street, Hibbing
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
How to Deliver Your Donations
- All items should be placed in a box labeled “Donation.” Place all donation items in your trunk or non-passenger storage area of your vehicle.
- Our drive-up delivery site is at the loading dock (door #16 next to the West Entrance). Remain in your vehicle. Call 218-362-6726 or 218-362-6798 and inform the staff you have a donation. A staff member will come to you to retrieve the box. If you do not have a phone, there is one located at the loading dock door.
- Receipt of Donation Form (see form below): Please complete in advance and include with your donation at the time of your delivery drop-off.
If you would like a receipt for your generous donation, please contact email@example.com
If the donation is large or heavy (over 30 pounds), please inform the staff when you call the number above to schedule your drop off.
What supplies can I donate?
We will accept the following new and unused items:
- Gowns (disposable)
- Surgical and clinical masks (Homemade accepted. See below for pattern example.)
- N95 respirators
- Face shields
- Powered air-purifying respirators
- Thermometers (tympanic preferred, oral cap covers, infrared)
- Oxivir (disinfectant)
- Cleaning wipes with bleach (i.e. Clorox)
- Hand sanitizer
- Swabs (Dacron, Rayon, Nylon)
- Viral culture media
- Hair covers
- Shoe booties
- Homemade bouffants or surgical caps (See below for pattern examples.)
- Expired items will also be accepted if unopened and unused
What items should I donate to community partners instead?
- Nonperishable food
- Any item not listed above
We are accepting homemade masks.
Please see one example of a mask pattern below. Note: we are aware elastic is in short supply, so we graciously will accept any style of homemade masks. We also welcome a variety of sizes (a little longer, wider, etc.)
We expect to use a large number of homemade masks daily at our campus for patients who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Your generosity and time can help save lives.
Thank you for your kindness and generosity.
Click here for instructions and to view an instructional video.
We are accepting homemade bouffants and surgical caps.
We are also asking for donations of homemade bouffants and surgical caps. We will accept any style. If you aren't sure where to start, view this simple bouffant pattern or you can view these suggested pattern ideas:
Other Ways You Can Help
The nation is facing a severe blood shortage due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations during the COVID-19 outbreak. Donating blood is safe. Do not hesitate to give or receive blood, especially during this time of high need.
Click here, or call (888) 448-3253, to make appointment at Memorial Blood Centers location at Fairview Plaza, 1200 E 25th Street, Hibbing; or
Click here to find an American Red Cross donation center near you.
To support the needs of Fairview Range physicians, nurses, and other frontline caregivers during the COVID-19 fight and to provide funding for healthcare supplies and equipment, we have a COVID-19 relief fund set up through the Central Mesabi Medical Foundation. Your financial donation of any amount is appreciated. You may call 218-362-6624 between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to make a donation over the phone, or checks or money orders may be mailed to Central Mesabi Medical Foundation. Please indicate it is a donation for COVID-19 relief. If you have further questions, please contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mail monetary donations to:
Central Mesabi Medical Foundation
750 E. 34th St.
Hibbing, MN 55746
Donate food for employees
Thank you for your willingness to help the Fairview medical community during this unprecedented time. We are so grateful for the community wanting to donate food to our staff. We’ve developed some guidelines to explain how you can help.
Donations of snacks and food for Fairview employees may be accepted. Please note that all food items must be in an unopened and pre-packaged container purchased from a store. Donations are accepted Monday through Sunday.
- All donations must complete a Donation Form and get approval prior to drop-off from the donations team.
Acceptable Food Donation Requirements:
- Food must be packaged, labeled and not past the expiration date.
- The donated food must have come from a restaurant, caterer, or food company.
- Meals need to be delivered at proper temperatures .
- Food cannot be prepped on site.
- We encourage non-perishable foods to donate for overnight shifts.
- Foods are to be dropped off at scheduled hospital location.
- The food service staff will accept donations and prepare to distribute in the cafeteria during upcoming meal time.
Food for overnight shifts: We would prefer that this food be non-perishable in order for it to go directly to our frontline staff due to serving areas being closed at night.
Questions? Contact us at RRHSCOVIDDONATIONS@fairview.org