If you are symptomatic, have had a high-risk exposure, or need a COVID-19 test for pre-procedure or travel reasons, you can make an appointment by calling Fairview Mesaba Clinic at 218-362-6682 to be triaged for a COVID-19 test Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- NEW! Rapid COVID-19 Testing Site in Hibbing
Rapid COVID-19 tests are now available at the Hibbing Armory (2310 Brooklyn Drive, Hibbing), with support from the National Guard. The site is open Monday-Tuesday each week from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The tests are free. It's a nasal swab, and results typically come back in 1-3 hours.
Note: Rapid tests are recommended for people who are already symptomatic. People without symptoms should seek out the more accurate PCR test.
If you are asymptomatic, or looking for other testing locations, here are some additional COVID-19 testing options:
Find free testing sites and find out how to order an at-home test from the Minnesota Department of Health on their website.
Testing locations on the Iron Range:
- Wednesdays, 1-5 p.m., Eveleth Auditorium, 421 Jackson Street, Eveleth
- Fridays, 1-4 p.m., St. Louis County Public Works Facility (training room), 7823 Highway 135, Virginia
These are free Vault saliva tests administered by St. Louis County Public Health. Results typically come back in 24-48 hours.
- Casey Drug Chisholm: Rapid & PCR Testing available. By online appointment only. *Note: They are unable to bill medical insurance; please call your medical insurance to determine if you can be reimbursed.
- Walgreens: Hibbing & Virginia locations. By online appointment only.
- CVS: Pharmacy Located inside Target in Virginia. By online appointment only.