For the time being, please note that results for tests through Fairview Range may take up to 72 hours, or possibly more. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Updated April 1, 2022
Do you need a COVID-19 test? Here are some options for getting a COVID-19 test on the Iron Range.
If you are symptomatic, have had a high-risk exposure, or need a COVID-19 test for pre-procedure or travel reasons*, you can make an appointment by calling Fairview Mesaba Clinic at 218-362-6937 Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m.-12 p.m. or log into MyChart.
If you are asymptomatic, or looking for other testing locations, here are some additional COVID-19 testing options:
- St. Louis County free testing sites on the Iron Range can be viewed on their website.
- Casey Drug Chisholm: Rapid & PCR Testing available. By online appointment only. *Note: They are unable to bill medical insurance; please call your medical insurance to determine if you can be reimbursed.
- Walgreens: Hibbing & Virginia locations. By online appointment only.
- CVS: Pharmacy Located inside Target in Virginia. By online appointment only.
- As of January 18, every home in the United States can sign up to receive four free at-home COVID-19 tests from the federal government. The tests are available at CovidTests.gov. COVID-19 tests will start shipping in late January. USPS will only send one set of 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests to valid residential addresses.
- As of March 28, Minnesotans can order 2 test kits (for a total of 4 rapid tests) per home through the Minnesota Department of Health. Order here: https://mn.gov/covid19/get-tested/at-home
- For a full list of free testing sites through the Minnesota Department of Health, visit the MDH website.
*Fairview Mesaba Clinic does not perform COVID-19 testing for major events (i.e., attending a game or concert that requires a negative COVID-19 test upon entry).