Fairview Range is continuing to take steps to protect our patients and employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning Monday, Oct. 5, all patients, visitors, and staff entering Fairview Range Medical Center in Hibbing, Fairview Mesaba Clinics in Hibbing, Nashwauk, or Mountain Iron, and Fairview Plaza, will undergo temperature screening, in addition to the current screening questions, each day for signs of possible COVID-19 infection.
The new process will include answering a handful of screening questions, along with quickly having your temperature taken via a non-contact infrared thermometer. If the temperature is ≤99.9°F, the person may proceed to their destination. If the temperature is ≥100°F, there is a process in place to safely allow in patients who need to be seen, however, visitors and staff will not be able to enter the building and will be given direction for next steps.
Our top priority is to protect the health and safety of our patients and our employees. We appreciate the patience and understanding from our patients, staff, and community during this time as we implement this additional safety measure.
We ask everyone to continue to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission by taking these steps:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not readily available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
Stay up-to-date on the COVID-19 pandemic by visiting the Minnesota Department of Health’s website or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention resource.