We’re announcing a change to our curbside services for COVID-19 swab collections. We are also expanding the services we are providing through this process.
What is the change?
Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2020, our curbside services will be moving from an outdoor tent into a building located on the Hibbing medical campus (follow the signs). Patients will park in the same location as where the outdoor tent was located and follow the instructions indicated on the posted signs. Patients must remain in their vehicle and call 218-362-6232 to complete a virtual check-in. Our nursing staff will call the patient on their phone when they are ready for them to enter the building (using entrance #1).
We are also expanding the types of swabbing we will perform through this curbside process to include influenza, RSV, and strep, in addition to COVID-19.
What isn’t changing?
The part of the process that isn’t changing is that patients must have an appointment for curbside services. If you need to make an appointment, please call 218-362-6682.
Our top priority is to protect the health and safety of our patients and our employees and we continue to provide safe care during this process.
We ask everyone to continue to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission by taking these steps:
- Wear a mask – while it is required in most establishments in Minnesota, we recommend wearing one with anyone outside your home.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not readily available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
Stay up-to-date on the COVID-19 pandemic by visiting the Minnesota Department of Health’s website or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention resource.